Monday, January 2, 2017

What a little paint can do...and MORE DRYWALL

The porch on the Bungalow Project needed some attention in the way of paint on the floor.  Scraping a bit revealed pine floors with dark gray paint, then light gray paint, then a dirty white paint. Yesterday (New Years Day) I scraped the floor, vacuumed it (if you ever want to feel like people are staring at you and thinking you're off your rocker, vacuum your porch in January) and mopped.

The wet pine floors were a really nice rich reddish brown and threw off my original idea to paint the floors dark gray like it appears they were originally.

So this morning I went to the local hardware store (a short walk away) and stocked up on paint chips in reddish browns and grays.  After about an hour I had it whittled down to a nice deep brown with a red undertone and a dark gray.  I moved them around.  In the sun, out of the sun, to the top of the stairs.

Finally, moving them to the top of the stairs solved it.  Almost.  I consulted on it and decided on the gray.  I'm going to do the treads on the stairs the same as the porch floor and the risers in white, since the trim is white.

So there are the befores:




And after:



And the happiness that is drywall going up!  It's nice to see, yet a little strange after being so used to the house without it:





The roof is done, but the siding isn't. I got pretty busy working on stuff and didn't take photos of the outside yet.  They are hoping to get the siding started tomorrow, depending on the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment