Thursday, January 19, 2017

A use for the unmudded gaps in drywall and a dark photo

I found a use for the "gaps" between sheets of drywall, pre-mud. I have been making myself crazy trying to settle on some paint colors, since I refuse to go the "typical flip" method of a) all white b) all beige with white trim or c) all gray with white trim. While I might have a gray room or two, I also want some blue/gray and green/gray. You know, some COLOR. Now that drywall is going up, the lighting is going back to the way it will be (drywall walls vs just open studs really changes the lighting and shadows). So, I have been sticking paint chips in the drywall gaps!


I also discovered a variation in the trim below the window sills between the upstairs and downstairs.  Upstairs it's straight, downstairs, there's a bit of detail



And finally, a photo of the outside with the new siding.  It was nighttime, but still...I just had to post it, I was so excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment