Sunday, December 11, 2016

What the...what?! Or, things that make you go hmmm

So this weekend, my contractor stopped by and we got to talking siding.  I decided the house just needed it, although I didn't want to spend the extra money.  The thing is, in the end, when I had over the keys, I want them to be to a move in ready great house that hopefully will now be kept up.

So, I've been thinking about siding since I heard my offer was accepted.  I finally gave in to the white as I said earlier.  Now though, should I go with the standard 4 over 4 (4" revel) clapboards or shakes?  I have been pretty sure it had shake since the beginning.  The historian thought so as well.  The neighbor couldn't remember.  I swore I saw the revel of them below the current siding.  I hemmed and hawed.

My contractor agreed, he thought it was shake under that white siding.  I had an inspiration.  I was going to do siding, right?  Right.  So, then take off one of the pieces of white siding and and see what was there-color and all!  My contractor climbed up and we awaited the long debated color and style issue being resolved.

Off came the white.  Then...what the...what??  Is that...yup.

Here's what I waited all that time for.


Um, yeah.  That did NOT help.

So it also snowed, this is the neighbors yard


The house has blown in.  When they did it, it filled up this electric box


I got light in the living room-yay!!


I removed more dining room floor


No comments:

Post a Comment