Monday, December 19, 2016

New windows! And a new project?

Windows are being replaced!  It looks much better on the outside, so much cleaner!  Here are some inside photos to get started.  Pardon the mess!









As for the new project...well...not really.  I did go look at it.  This house and I have a history-I looked at in back in 2002 when it was a forclosure.  It's been bought and sold a couple times since-the timing and money have never aligned for me to buy it.  And again, the timing is wrong.  It's a LARGE brick vernacular farmhouse.  A TRUE brick house, with no wall studs on the outer walls.  3,000 sq ft of uninsulated house.  Now I know one reason it's been for sale so much.  The other...well...they say a picture is worth a 1,000 words.  First, there are some good things-like the amazing trim and radiators.  However, there are a number of bad ones too, like the spalled brick and wavy wonky foundation.  Without further ado, I introduce you to the house that has haunted me for about 15 years.


























No comments:

Post a Comment