Thursday, December 8, 2016

The work continues

It looks like I took a few days off. But really, I didn’t! I didn’t do a lot on Tuesday, it was mostly pondering the hows and which ways and what to uses of projects. Then yesterday…ah, yesterday. Most of the half bath is now “gutted” (the sink is removed and in a safe place for later rehoming, the medicine cabinet is in a safe place for later cleaning and remounting, the toilet is loose and ready to be removed when I remember to bring something to put “in the hole”). Some wiring is pulled. Some more dining room (linoleum) floor is up. And I was about to load the remaining lath into my trailer to bring to a friend’s house for use as bonfire wood (what is left was touching blown in, and that is NOT coming into my house or going into my wood stove). I put the first armload in, and realized a bad thing had happened. There was no tailgate. There is supposed to be a tailgate. Uh oh. I checked the street and it wasn’t there. So I shut everything down for the night and left in search of it-it was located close to my house in the ditch with a new dent where someone had run over it. It looks like it will still work-although I need a new method of securing it apparently. So no photos were taken and I just decided not to post.

I have been fighting the white on the house since before I closed on it. I am not a fan of white. I just don’t like large blobs of it. However, I’ve come to the conclusion that the house would like to stay brick and white and am going to embrace it. I’m still not sure if I will be able to reside the gables and dormers, but even if I do, it will probably be white. I know it sounds hokey and borderline whacknuts, but I think houses tend to “tell” us what they want, if we are willing to listen. So, I am trying to do so. Mostly it seems like what I’ve chosen here works for this house, it just seems the white was destined to stay.

As for the rest of this, a friend once said (paraphrasing) a person built it with wood, nails, time and money, a person can fix it with wood, nails, time and money. While the wood and nails are a generalization and not applicable to plumbing or wiring, the general idea is there. Someone built it,
someone can repair it.

So, here's the kitchen, bathroom, downstairs bedroom and dining room floor








Oh, and Frosty.  He is enjoying the lights in town.  I couldn't decorate the outside or put up a tree, but I do have him!

No comments:

Post a Comment