Saturday, December 3, 2016

Paint and more

So instead of just destruction, today included some reconstruction and paint!

I had a local mason do the repointing on the front stairs.  I wish I had the time to watch and learn, but I am racing Old Man Winter to get the paint done, so I was busy scraping.

The gentleman that did the brick work couldn't fix some of the previous owners "repairs" because he was afraid that chiseling out the mortar would damage the bricks.  I might try to stain it, but I'm not sure.  One thing is for certain, it looks a lot better than when I bought the house!

I also started repainting all of the porch and trim.  It looks SO much better!




There was demo.  There is always demo, lol.  There was a little modification of the built ins.  The fridge will be recessed into the opening in the middle.  There was just no other good place for it.

This is the hole from the other side.


A little more plaster had to come down in the kitchen.



Also, upstairs.  This is the dormer bedroom.




And the upstairs pink bedroom


This door was broken when we bought the place.  I am hoping to use one from downstairs.



 While I was outside painting, a couple kids came up on bikes.  The one said he really liked what I was doing with the place.  And then he said he used to live here!  He was the PO's younger son.  I took him through, he told me a little more about it, as well as where they put the fridge-between the door to the half bath and the mudroom.

I also have a couple photos of the house from the 60's that the neighbor gave me.  I'll scan or photograph them and post them soon.  It was cute then too :) although it had some vine all over it.  Glad that's gone-and that it didn't do any damage to the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment