Monday, November 28, 2016

Tired of demo yet? I am!

So...more demo.  Tonight a wall and ceiling.  With blown in.  UGH.  I hate blown in.  HATE it.  It is evil.  It is messy and dusty and, well, I hate it.

So here we go, wall and ceiling down.

The galvanized you see in this photo is defunct and not connected to anything anymore.  The copper next to it replaced it.  This is the plumbing for the upstairs bath.


This is why I hate blown in.  This is tomorrows after work project-clean up this mess!  I'll reinsulate with regular old fashioned fiberglass before the ceiling goes up.


Plumbing.  It caused a Great Mystery.  The galvanized continues on towards the middle of the house.  I don't know why.  It is disconnected there.  That is the upstairs pink bedroom and downstairs peach bedroom.  No evidence of plumbing in either.  The kitchen bedroom is on the other side of the house.


Todays great find!  It's a small print out of an old photo of the house, courtesy of the town.  It's probably from the 50's.   The town historian is going to see if he can dig anything up, but it seems the older neighbor I mentioned previously might be my best bet for old pics and info.  I didn't know this originally, but she apparently grew up in the house next door!  She's close to 90, and moved there as a child, so she's seen the house for a long time.


It's funny, we had a neighbor at our Old House, our first house, that grew up in the house next door and never moved out too.  His name was Clarence.  I'll have to post more about him sometime.  I miss him-he passed away several years ago.  He was quite a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment