Friday, November 25, 2016

The Demo Continues

Today I met the neighbor, who is older-maybe 80-90 years old.  She used to work for the family that owned the house as a house keeper when she was in high school.  I promised her that I would show it to her when it was done, and she was pretty happy.  A couple that lives around the corner stopped on their walk to say welcome to the neighborhood, and that they were glad someone bought it and was fixing it up.

Still working on removing any plaster and lath that is not longer attached to each other and all cracked.  I don't want big hunks of plaster falling on someone-that is not a good way to sell a house!  I spent most of the day going to get materials, doing a will call order and seeing if I could get a different layout for the kitchen.  I have 99% of the lighting picked out, the floor chosen and ordered, the bath floors picked and ordered-fun stuff like that.

Not many photos from today's work, but here is what I have:



Had someone out to check out the plaster and back up my opinions on what could be saved and what was just too far gone.  A couple more walls and a few ceilings are coming down.  On the upside, the lath isn't going to waste-we heat our house with wood so I'm breaking it down to stove length and using it as heat.  Waste not, want not, right?

This is basically the kitchen layout.  This replaces the ugly sink base and half plywood counter, wraps around to the wall that's shared with the dining room.  I am 99% sure this is how this part will go.  


No comments:

Post a Comment