Sunday, February 12, 2017

Under the wallpaper, over the fireplace and um, wow

I've been busy scraping the wallpaper in the hall and stairs


Under one the paper next to the door frame into the dormer bedroom there were some numbers and a word


And above the stairs on the wall


I think the "official" build date might be wrong.  This is the second time I've found what appears to be a date of 1923.  I am guessing this means April of 1923.  The other time was the dated lath.

The living room is coming together.  Finally the little bump out over the fireplace is done-it's framed with 2x4's then covered with osb and finally drywall.  There's an outlet and cable there ready for a flatscreen.  It looks SO much better in drywall!  And I kind of like the light gray.  I might paint the room this basic color with white trim.  It looks pretty classy with the fireplace.


Lastly, the um, wow.  This is what is left of a cottage I looked at before the Bungalow.  It was in rough shape and it was a little difficult to reach-only via staircase or water.  Apparently it was a little rougher than I thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment